Dark Chocolate Matcha Keto Cups
Servings: 12 servings
- 9-10 oz 85-100% dark chocolate unsweetened or alternatively-sweetened chocolate
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or cacao butter
Matcha Coconut Butter Filling
- ½ cup softened coconut butter
- 1 sachet Pique Matcha Green Fasting Tea Crystals
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk or other non-dairy milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla bean powder or fresh vanilla bean or extract
Optional Filling Add-ins
- Sweetener of your choice E.g.: Stevia, monk fruit, maple syrup, honey
- MCT oil or powder
- Collagen peptides
- Flaked sea salt
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Pinch of matcha powder
Line a 12 cup full-sized muffin tin with parchment or silicone muffin cups.
- Roughly chop the chocolate if it's a bar. If it's chips, leave as is.
- Set up a glass bowl over a small saucepan of water, or set up a double boiler. Once the water is barely simmering, add the chocolate and coconut oil to the bowl or top pan of the double boiler.
- Stirring often, melt completely until smooth and glossy. Work low and slow, do not overheat the chocolate.
- Immediately remove the pan from the heat once chocolate has fully melted.
- Add one tablespoon of the melted chocolate to each of the lined muffin cups. Using a small spoon push the chocolate about ⅓ of the way up the sides. Place the muffin tin into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the matcha coconut butter filling. Place softened coconut butter, sachet of Matcha Green Fasting Tea Crystals, and coconut milk in the bowl of a mini food processor or work with a hand blender (you can also mix by hand). Pulse until combined or mix by hand until well combined.
- Remove the pan from the freezer. Place 2 teaspoons of matcha coconut butter mixture in the center of each chocolate cup, using a spoon spread to flatten immediately (it will begin to harden on the frozen chocolate). Repeat with remaining cups. Return to the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Reheat remaining dark chocolate if it has started to harden.
- Add 1 tablespoon of melted dark chocolate over the top of each cup to cover the matcha coconut butter layer completely, then return the pan to the freezer for 20 minutes to set.
- Eat straight from the freezer or store in the refrigerator. Top with a sprinkle of matcha, dusted flaked sea salt and/or unsweetened shredded coconut.