Healthy Rooibos Tea Gummies
2 hrs 30 mins
Servings: 20 servings
- 1¾ cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon xylitol granules
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ vanilla bean
- 3 sachets Pique Vanilla Rooibos Tea Crystals
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tablespoons gelatin powder
- Ice tray
Heat the coconut milk, butter, xylitol, cinnamon, vanilla and 3 sachets of Vanilla Rooibos Tea Crystals in a saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes and then remove from the heat. Set it aside.
- Pour 60ml of cold water into a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin on top and stir. It will solidify. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour some warm water into a bigger bowl. Let the smaller bowl with the gelatine sit in the warm water until all of the gelatine has melted and liquefied. Ensure that none of the warm water runs into the gelatine mixture.
- Stir ¼ cup of the tea mixture into the melted gelatin and then pour it all back into the rest of the tea mixture. This will ensure that it all mixes evenly. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into ice trays.
- Place in fridge for at least 2 hours before unmolding. Store the gummies in a sealed container in the fridge.