Want to boost your immunity, stay safe during flu season, and become more resistant to stress and infections?
Then this golden sencha latte is just what you need.
Sencha green tea is already well-known for having antioxidant and fat-burning benefits, but you can make it even healthier — and better for your immune system — by adding a special spice: turmeric.
Turmeric, also known as the golden spice, is bursting with anti-inflammatory power and immunity perks.
Here’s why you should combine the two:
Health Benefits of Sencha Green Tea
Sencha was extremely popular in Ancient China and is the most popular green tea in Japan today, making up 80% of Japan’s tea production.
Sencha has protective compounds such as theanine, EGC, EGCG, and arginine, which are responsible for immunity benefits such as these:
- Stress reduction: Green tea can fight psychosocial stress [*], which boosts your immunity and prevents stress-related conditions.
- Protection for your immune system: Green tea strengthens your immune system by protecting it against free radicals.[*]
- Immunity control: Sencha can help regulate and balance immune function.
- Anticancer activity: Green tea prevents tumor growth in many types of cancer.
Health Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is a powdered root with a unique compound called curcumin, which can act as a gatekeeper of your immune response.
This just means curcumin has the power to…
- Activate important immune cells such as T cells, B cells, macrophages, neutrophils, natural killer cells, and dendritic cells.
- Suppress inflammatory molecules such as TNF, IL-1, IL-2, and chemokines.[*] This is why turmeric is also used to treat inflammation.
So, when you mix sencha with turmeric you boost your immune system in two ways:
- By increasing antioxidants and lowering stress (Sencha)
- By controlling your immune function more efficiently (turmeric)
Now let’s take a look at the rest of ingredients in this latte:
- Coconut butter: Coconut butter provides healthy fats such as lauric acid, which is antimicrobial, antiviral, and anti-fungal, so it helps prevent colds, infections, and the flu. Plus, it adds more creaminess, which is always a great thing in lattes, right?
- Manuka honey: Provides antimicrobial and antibacterial benefits that boost your immunity even more.
- Pink pepper: It makes the turmeric more bioavailable so you don’t miss out on the benefits!
So, if you’re feeling under the weather, want to curb a cold, or want to prevent one entirely, go make yourself a cup of this immune-boosting latte:
Immune Boosting Golden Sencha Latte
- 1 sachet Pique Sencha Tea Crystals
- 4 oz water
- 4 oz macadamia nut milk
- ½ tsp coconut butter
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp manuka honey
- Pinch of pink pepper to make turmeric more bioavailable
Combine Sencha Tea Crystals, water, turmeric powder and manuka honey on the stovetop and warm together until gently simmering.
- Add coconut butter to nut milk to blender and blend until frothy.
- Add milk to tea mixture.
- Garnish with cracked pink pepper. Serve immediately.